We have had some amazing weather here in Charleston which only means one thing… It’s time again for beach days!! Whether you’re visiting Charleston for the weekend or you’re a local seasoned beach goer, the best way to spend a beautiful sunny day in the Lowcountry is at the beach! Sometimes the beach essentials can slip your mind as your hustling out the door - it happens to the best of us. Follow our simple checklist below to ensure you won’t forget anything you absolutely need for the perfect beach day!
- The perfect swimsuit: First and foremost, make a splash in the cutest bathing suit for the season! Bright colors and bold prints are currently trending for summer and while we may be biased, we have some of the cutest picks from bikinis to one pieces! Check out our entire swim collection here!
- A big beach blanket: Keep everything you need on a beach blanket, that way your beach towels are for drying off and it’s easier to shake out sand.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, and more sunscreen: This one is a no brainer but nothing is worse than forgetting to put on sunscreen and having the worst sunburn. Of course, don’t forget to reapply!
- A portable charger: You’ll want to stay connected throughout the day whether it’s to check the time or snap a few photos of your group, so a portable charger is a must!
- Portable cooler stocked with snacks and water: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially if you are spending the entire day in the sun. If you’re able to bring a cooler, bring one! Fill it with your favorite snacks too so you won’t go hungry.
- Sunglasses and/or a hat: Protect your eyes from the sun and help prevent sunburn with a pair of sunglasses or a fun floppy hat!
- A cute cover up: Complete your beach look with a fun and colorful cover up! It’s going to be a hot summer, so we always look for lightweight and comfortable pieces that are fashionable while still being functional. Our favorites are the Olivia Leigh Molly Pom Pom Tunic and the Sunuva Shibori Kaftan Cover Up!
- Entertainment: Pack a book, some beach toys, a football and/or volleyball, waterproof speakers, etc.! Anything and everything your group needs to have a great time!
And now it’s time to have fun! What’s your favorite beach here in Charleston? Folly Beach? Sullivans Island? Isle of Palms? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll see you out on the water this summer!