Last month we shared what to do with mom for Mother’s Day and with Father’s Day just around the corner, we’re continuing to share the love and featuring what to do with dad on this special day of celebration! Gifts are great, but there’s nothing like spending quality time with family. Whether you decide to get moving outside playing sports or stay indoors watching a movie and playing board games, it’s sure to be a day full of smiles and one that dad will appreciate for years to come. Check out a few of our favorite ways to spend Father’s Day with dad below!
Getting Outside: Summer is finally upon us so embrace these beautiful sunny days by spending time outdoors!
- Get active outside by playing games like mini golf or throwing the football around in the front yard!
- Check out a local sporting event like a baseball game.
- How about planning a fishing trip with dad on the water?
- Speaking of water, take a trip to the beach and splash around in the ocean or soak up the sun on the sand.
- Take a trip to the mountains for a sunrise hike or go camping together.
Staying Inside: Getting outside is a great way to spend the day, but sometimes beating the heat by kicking back inside makes for just as fun of a Father’s Day.
- Grab some popcorn and watch a movie or snack on chips and dip while cheering on your favorite sports team.
- Going bowling is a great way to spend the day with dad while still being active!
- Check out an interesting exhibit at a local museum.
- Grab something to eat at a new restaurant or treat yourself to ice cream.
Spending time with dad for Father’s Day doesn’t have to look the same for everyone! Whether you are outside or inside or both, the day is bound to be a success when spent together! How will you be spending Father’s Day this year? Let us know in the comments below!