Summer is on the horizon, and I cannot wait for long days of Charleston sunshine and time spent with friends and family. Along with rising temperatures, look for brighter, bolder hues and even MORE florals than spring in this summer’s fashion trends. Retro 80s and 90s vibes continue with cold shoulder and one shoulder tops and dresses. Shirt dresses and rompers dominate for a casual and comfortable look.
With the onset of summer, beach days, vacations and reunions abound. Preparing for a trip or an event can be overwhelming at times, and here at Scraps of Magic we are all about streamlining. I’ve included a list of my essentials for Maya for stress free packing:
- rash guards with UPF – a must for warding off UV rays without compromising comfort and style
- reversible swim suits – cute and functional as you get twice the use and a real space saver
- a casual dress, a romper and mix and match separates – A tunic is a great base, as it can be worn as a top over leggings or shorts and it doubles as a bathing suit cover-up…another great space saver!
- Don’t forget a strapless bralette for halter or thinly strapped pieces. (Psst…we love the Maidenform bralette line!)
- a sun hat, sunglasses and, of course, lots of sunscreen.
And naturally, Scraps of Magic has got you covered for all your summer sartorial needs!