Grab your popcorn, it’s movie night! Nothing’s better than bonding over a fun movie, so we’ve put together the perfect list for a mother daughter night! All of the below movies feature female leads with inspiring stories. So cuddle up on the couch with some hot chocolate and watch a few (or all!) on our list!
- Dumplin’: This new coming of age film features all of Dolly Parton’s biggest hits, plus a few new ones! It’s definitely one of our favorites!
- Little Women: A classic! The timeless story shows a mother and her daughters growing up during and after the Civil War.
- Mamma Mia: You will have the time of your life singing together to all of the ABBA hits in this one!
- Freaky Friday: Take a second to think about what life would be like in each other’s shoes with this hilarious movie starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan.
- Brave: This will show her that it’s ok to break free from the classic feminine traditions. It also brings Merida, a young Scottish princess, closer to her mother when a spell is casted upon her.
- 13 Going on 30: A look at a tween who wishes to be older but ends up missing her younger years.
- Miss Congeniality: A FBI agent turns beauty queen to go undercover in the Miss United States pageant. This one will have you laughing!
- Troop Beverly Hills: A stylish mom makes over the Wilderness Scouts when they are left without a leader. It teaches the power of loyalty and friendship.
- The Princess Diaries: Mia, a young and awkward teen, suddenly learns she is a princess! She stays true to herself as she learns poise and grace from her grandmother, the queen.
- Mary Poppins Returns: Make a day of it and head to the movie theater to see the new Mary Poppins! It will be a trip down memory road for you!
- A Cinderella Story: Hilary Duff stars in this romcom twist on the classic Cinderella tale.
- A League of Their Own: This tells the story of two sisters joining the first ever all-female baseball team.
- The Help: All we have to say is “You is kind, you is smart, you is important”!
- Enchanted: This fun family film mixes fairytale land with reality, and is sure to have both moms and daughters laughing.