Summer is finally here and we could not be more excited! There’s nothing better than long summer days spent at the beach, in the pool, on vacation, or all of the above! One way we make sure we’re making the most of the season is with a lengthy bucket list. There are so many different ways you can spend your days this summer, so making a list will help you remember all the never ending ideas! But where to begin?! Here are 20 ideas on how to spend your summer vacay right here in Charleston!
- Go to the beach for the day on Isle of Palms, Folly Beach, or Sullivan’s Island (Check out our beach day checklist here!)
- Soak up the sun at the pool in your favorite Scraps of Magic swimsuit
- Grab a treat (or two) from Sugar Bakeshop
- Take a stroll through the Historic Charleston City Market
- Support local vendors and shop the Charleston Farmers Market
- Visit the current exhibits at the Gibbes Museum of Art
- Watch the sunset at Mt. Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park
- Watch the sunrise at Mt. Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park
- Go kayaking or canoeing on Shem Creek
- Learn something new
- See a classic movie at the Terrace Theater
- Stay in and have a movie marathon
- Have a picnic at the Battery or Marion Square
- Have a staycation and be a tourist in your own town (Our Charleston Travel Guide can give you some ideas!)
- Take a day trip somewhere new
- Embrace your inner model and have a photo shoot with friends! We love using our favorite photographer, Erin!
- Try a fun DIY project
- Cook for your friends or have a pizza party
- Grab a scoop of ice cream at Ye Ole Fashioned
- Spend the night star gazing
We want to see how you spend the season! Tag us on Instagram and share your epic summer with us!